Both pumpkin and ginger are very satisfying foods that allow us not to snack between meals. In addition, thanks to the amount of fiber that contains the pumpkin, we avoid constipation. Pumpkin is one of those foods that should not be missing from our diet. There are many types, but it does not matter what variety you choose: its soft orange flesh is full of multiple benefits that will take care of your health and that will also help you lose weight. Pumpkin soup is a very suitable recipe to combat gastritis, heartburn or digestive ulcers. The simple idea of combining pumpkin and ginger will allow you to have an option as tasty as effective to purify toxins, improve intestinal transit and promote little by little that we get to be in our weight. Point out that squash and ginger soup alone is not going to make us thin. It is a complement, a way to promote the proper functioning of our metabolism so that, added to a proper diet and some exercise, we see ourselves better.
Do you dare to try it?
Benefits of Pumpkin for Weight Loss:
It is common to use pumpkin to make desserts. It usually combines very well with chocolate and offers multiple possibilities. Now, if we consume it naturally or together with foods that also help us lose weight like ginger, we can certainly enhance its natural benefits.
Let’s see now how pumpkin can help us improve our figure:
- The pumpkin is a vegetable with a very low calorie index. It tastes good and can replace, for example, potatoes. In this way we maintain a less caloric diet.
- The pumpkin is, above all, a very satisfying food.
- Do you know what one of the best benefits of pumpkin is? Its high fiber content. Thanks to it we manage to avoid constipation, purify fats and toxins through the intestine and enjoy better digestion.
- Another important fact is its power as a diuretic food. If your organism usually suffers from the classic liquid retention, if you notice that late in the afternoon the trouser presses on you or your belly looks very bulky, do not hesitate: take a pumpkin.
- The best way to consume this vegetable to promote weight loss is through a cream or soup. We should never eat it raw, since it is indigestible. However, if we cook it together with other foods like ginger, it will feel great.
Ginger to Lose Weight
In our space we often talk about the virtues of ginger root. It is considered not as a food, but as a medicinal remedy with a long tradition in our history.
“Ginger acts almost like a mild analgesic, with some active ingredients similar to ibuprofen given its ability to reduce inflammation and reduce pain”.
Now, in what way can ginger promote weight loss?
- Ginger reduces the blood glucose level.
- Reduces inflammation and combats fluid retention.
- Ginger raises levels of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that, among other functions, allows us to feel satiated between meals and prevents us from biting out of meal times.
- It is a facilitator of good digestion by stimulating the production of gastric juices.
- It favors the correct absorption of nutrients.
- Ginger helps the correct elimination of wastes from the body, as well as toxins that the liver cannot purify.
- Nor can we forget something very interesting: ginger has two compounds such as gingerol and shogaol, which improve the metabolism and put it into operation to burn energy and fat.
How to make Pumpkin and Ginger Soup
- 500 g of pumpkin
- 1 liter of water
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (16 g)
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger (3 g)
- A little of bread
- 1st pumpkin seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- We’ll start by getting those 500 grams of pumpkin. We cut it into 4 or 5 pieces and precede first to sauté them in a large pot with olive oil, onion and garlic.
- Now we will add that liter of water to cook all the ingredients until we notice that the squash is very soft. Once we have it ready, we will let it cool down to take it later to the blender and obtain a very homogeneous cream together with that chopped onion and the garlic.
- Next step? We return to take the pumpkin cream to the pot and adding those 3 grams of fresh ginger and grated. In this way, it acquires much more flavor and its essential oils are impregnated in the pumpkin.
- Next, we’ll take that piece of bread and cut it into cubes. We take it to a frying pan and we accompany it with a little olive oil, a little garlic, pepper and those pumpkin seeds. Skip everything well so that it acquires flavor.
- Finally, we bring our rich pumpkin and ginger soup to a plate and, above, we place those crispy and garlic-flavored bread squares along with the seeds.
pumpkin weight loss recipes, pumpkin weight loss smoothie, white pumpkin for weight loss, pumpkin for weight gain, vegetables for weight loss, pumpkin seeds for weight loss, pumpkin benefits, pumpkin calories,