The pineapple and ginger shake has properties that help to lose weight, in addition to providing beneficial nutrients for health. Meet some vegetable smoothies and how to prepare them to enjoy their flavor and health benefits. The pineapple and ginger shake, like other vegetable shakes, are delicious and refreshing. In addition, they provide nutrients that your body absorbs quickly and efficiently. These natural compounds present in plant foods are called phytonutrients or phytochemicals , and are not usually available in other foods. Phytonutrients have beneficial properties for health. For example, pineapple and ginger are especially good at fighting inflammation. In addition, the pineapple and ginger shake helps lose weight because its ingredients are low in calories but loaded with nutrients. You can use it as a snack between meals, to accompany a lunch, or to replace a weekly breakfast. But remember that you should never replace an entire meal with a shake. Although it is rich in nutrients, your body needs different elements and varied sources.
Next, you will know the benefits of pineapple and ginger. In the end, you will find a recipe to prepare it and enjoy it.
Benefits of Pineapple
A cup of fresh pineapple is a great complement for a breakfast or a snack during the afternoon. It has a high content of vitamin C and fiber with very few calories and no fat, so it is ideal to lose weight. Keep in mind the following information about pineapple:
- One cup of pineapple (150 g) contains about 80 calories.
- The pineapple is the fifth highest fruit water content, about 87% of its net weight is water. That is to say, it helps you to be hydrated.
- Finally, pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain that helps improve the digestion process.
Remember that a good digestion will prevent waste and toxins from accumulating, causing inflammation and accumulation of extra kilos.
Benefits of Ginger
Ginger, the second ingredient in pineapple and ginger shake, has almost no calories. In fact, ginger is a thermogenic food.
“Ginger increases the temperature of the body and helps accelerate the metabolism, so it burns fats”.
- Ginger can also help you feel satiated which, in turn, reduces your food intake. That is why it is considered a natural appetite suppressant.
- Ginger reduces the level of cortisol, a hormone necessary for the regulation and mobilization of energy. In contrast, high cortisol levels increase the amount of accumulated abdominal fat, which causes weight gain.
- The consumption of ginger also has a positive effect on high cholesterol levels that are often attributed to obesity. Ginger helps significantly reduce cholesterol levels in the blood and liver.
Finally, ginger has a beneficial effect on the general digestive system, as it helps regulate the movement of food through the stomach and intestines.
Recipe of Pineapple and Ginger Smoothie
Here is our recipe for pineapple and ginger shake. You will see that it includes few ingredients, it is simple to prepare, economical and delicious.
- A cup of fresh pineapple (150 g)
- One teaspoon of grated ginger (5 g)
- A glass of water (250 ml)
- One teaspoon of chia seeds (15 g)
What Should you do?
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or juicer.
- Blend at high speed until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and consume it immediately to take advantage of all the nutrients.
The Seeds of Chia Added to Shake Dietary Fiber, Omega – 3 Fatty Acids and Proteins.
In addition, the antioxidants present in chia seeds fight free radicals and prevent cell damage and, consequently, aging. In addition, the carbohydrates present in the chia are in fiber form. Because of this, they leave you satiated, that helps you lose weight and promotes a healthy digestion. Remember to consume the pineapple and ginger shake as soon as you prepare it as the pineapple oxidizes and can lose effectiveness in the fight against free radicals.